A couple of people have asked what I use to run my business so I decided to come up with a list of all the different tools I use for -XL- Development.
- Visual Studio 2010 – Developing XL Delete, XL Screen Streamer, and other secret stuff.
- ReSharper – Helps me code in Visual Studio, highly recommended.
- RealStudio – Developing XL Share Board, XL Screen Streamer for Mac, and more secret stuff.
- RAD Studio XE 2 – Developing UPnP Wizard, the upcoming XL Screen Recorder, and yes…some more secret stuff.
- PhpStorm – Working on the customer portal and other scripts.
- Espresso – Working on the XL site while on a Mac.
- Expression Web 4 – Working on the XL site while on a PC.
- FlashBuilder – For the ddvanced client viewer in XL Screen Streamer.
- MonoDevelop – For something that is coming soon.
- MonoTouch and Mono for Android – Yes, some mobile apps are coming.
- Balsamiq – Creating mockups and prototyping.
- Help & Manual 6 – Writing our help files.
- ColorSchemer Studio 2 – Helps me come up with nice color palettes.
- Customage – My custom CMS and backend tool (web and desktop).
- Trello – For day to day tracking of tasks.
- Mint – Track expenses.
- Perforce – My main source control solution.
- SVN – Yes I use two different types of source control.
- Cornerstone – SVN tool for Mac.
- SmartSVN – SVN tool for Windows.
- Twitter – Follow us.
- Facebook – Like us.
- WordPress – For our blog.
- Google Adwords – To help you find our products 🙂
- Google Analytics/Clicky – For web analytics.
- SeoMoz – To optimize the XL site.
- AddThis – Helps you easily share our site.
- Zoom Search Engine – To create the search engine on the XL site.
- MailChimp – To create product newsletters.
- SupportTrio – Helpdesk and knowledgebase.
- Zopim – Live chat.
- Zoho Assist/Meeting – For customer meetings and live support.
- XL Screen Streamer – I use our own tool for live presentations and demos 😉
- FogBugz – Bug reporting and tracking.
- Google Apps – Email.
- Camtasia (Windows & Mac) – To create product demos.
- Kall8 – For our toll-free numbers.
- Plimus – Reseller.
- FastSpring – Our new reseller, will slowly replace Plimus.
- Snagit – For taking screenshots.
- InstallAware – To create our Windows installers.
- DMG Canvas – Helps create our Mac DMG files.
- Visual Build Pro – Automates the build and deployment process. This is a life saver and a must for anyone who is building apps on Windows.
I probably forgot a couple of tools but these are the ones I use almost daily to run -XL- Development.